- Liaise with the Show and Entry Chairs to ensure all is moving along smoothly and deadline dates are being met.
- Liaise with the Show and Publicity Chairs to ensure the Show’s activities are adequately publicized.
- Email a greeting to the juror and venue personnel and give both your contact information. Visit the venue in preparation for the Show.
- Ensure the venue and juror contracts are being honored.
- Transport the juror to and from the airport if traveling by air. Transport him/her to all destinations and escort him/her to meals if juror wishes.
- Get a list of accepted artists/paintings with their contact and painting information from the Entry Chair. A file containing images of the accepted paintings and their titles/artists’ names should be provided to the president on a CD or via the internet.
- Obtain a list of new Signature Members from Membership Chair and send letters via mail on GWS stationery to each new member congratulating each one on his/her new status. (Sample letter on file)
- Attend the unpacking and packing of the Show. Along with Show Chair(s) and possibly other GWS members in attendance, make decisions on the acceptance of the paintings. The President makes the final decision. Ensure the unpacking and packing are going well. All paintings are checked off the master list, return labels are placed on shipping boxes.
- Attend all Show functions, such as demonstration, reception(s), awards presentation, workshop.
- Attend the judging of the show with the juror when the awards selection is made. Make a list of the award winning artists, painting titles, awards, and award placement. Keep a copy and immediately email list to Sponsorship Chair who provides certificates and ribbons, Show Chair, Membership Chair, Newsletter Editor and Webmaster.
- Announce awards at awards presentation. President hands envelope with certificates and checks to juror who hands it to award winner. New Signature Members also receive certificates.
- Write (or type) thank you notes on GWS stationary to the juror, venue personnel and GWS co-chair(s)
Signature Member Show
- Visit the venue and meet with contact personnel.
- Email a greeting to the juror, giving your contact information.
- Liaise with the venue to ensure the contract is honored.
- Liaise with the Show and Publicity Chairs to ensure the show is adequately publicized.
- Liaise with the Show Chair to ensure all activities are moving along smoothly and deadline dates are being met.
- Attend the unpacking and packing days. Ensure the packing and unpacking is going well.
- Attend the judging of the show with the juror when the awards selection is made. Make a list of the award winning artists, their painting titles, their awards and their award placement. Keep a copy and immediately email list to Sponsorship Chair who provides certificates and ribbons, Show Chair, Membership Chair, Newsletter Editor and Webmaster.
- Attend the Awards Presentation and Reception. Present the certificates and awards to the winners.
- Follow all the responsibilities as indicated under the Member Show.
- Attend the Annual Meeting.
- At the Annual Meeting present the Annual Report, thank the outgoing board members, introduce the incoming board members, and present issues to the membership for information, discussion and/or vote.
- Begin collecting images and information for the Show Catalog – to be sent to person overseeing/designing catalog and working with printer.
High School Seniors Scholarship Show
- Liaise with the Community Outreach Chair to ensure all is moving along smoothly and deadline dates are met.
- Help the Show Chair and some past presidents to hang the Show and put up signage.
- Ensure the show is publicized with the help of the Show Chair and possibly Publicity Chair.
- Attend the Awards Presentation and Reception. Hand certificates and awards to the winners.
- Help set up and take down Show area and reception.
- Send to person overseeing design/compiling of catalog
president’s message and JPEG image of president
juror’s statement and JPEG image of juror
details about the Show’s venue
list of award donors and sponsors
GWS executive board details
details of officers responsible for membership and the catalog
membership information details
list of Signature, Patrons, Life members, Honorary members, and any in memoriam
- Prepare agendas and notify board members of reports due.
- Preside over quarterly board meetings and annual meeting.
- Follow through on issues raised at meetings, forming committees if necessary to address the issues. Appoint chairs of standing committees, and act as ex-officio member of all other committees.
- Supervise the publicity and promotion of the workshop to ensure that there are sufficient attendees. (The juror’s contract has a cutoff point if the workshop needs to be canceled.)
- Attend the workshop and help the Show Chair(s) with their responsibilities.
- Introduce the workshop instructor/juror to the participants and answer participants’ questions.
- If requested, provide transportation for the instructor/juror and escorting him/her to meals.
- Liaise with the instructor/juror and the venue in regard to the workshop and ensure all the instructor/juror’s requirements are met.
Newsletter (4 per year)
- Provide input as to articles needing to be included in newsletters.
- Write President’s Message for each newsletter and any other requested articles for the newsletter.
- Help proofread the draft of the newsletter.
Communication via Eblasts
- Write letters, reminders, notices etc. to the membership and forward to the Communications Chair for eblast distribution.
- Forward approved flyers, announcements, requests etc. to the Communications Chair for eblast distribution.
Upcoming Shows, Venues and Jurors
- Review venue and juror contracts making needed corrections before submitting them to the venue or juror.
- Review website frequently to make sure it is up-to-date and contains correct information. Notify Webmaster of changes/corrections needing to be made.
- Email the webmaster about dates and items to be placed on the calendar. Keep the calendar current.
- Ensure dated articles and information are posted on the website on time.
- Organize all important documentation of the year’s activities and place in a file. Include jpegs of the year’s accepted paintings in the shows. Give file to the incoming President.
- Give the Historian items for the archives, including contracts, prospectus, newsletters, minutes, lists of artists selected for shows, National Show Catalog.
- Answer questions posed by members and other interested parties. If unable to answer, relay questions to board members or others who can help.
- Generally oversee all activities to aid in making them successful.
- Act as signatory on checks, if needed.
- Ensure the board operates within the Constitution and Bylaw