2019 Georgia Watercolor Society Signature Exhibition
January 19 to February 23, 2019
Oconee Cultural Arts Foundation, Watkinsville, Georgia
Juror: Didi Dunphy
|November 14||Deadline to receive entries|
|November 19||Acceptances posted on GWS website|
|January 5||Hand delivered work arrives 11 -2|
|January 3-7||Shipped work arrives- between hours of 10 and 4|
|January 19||GWS Board Meeting 10:00 to 12:00
Artist Demo- Melanie Sheldon 12:30 to 2:30
Opening Reception and Awards 2:30 to 4:30
|February 22||Exhibition Closes|
|February 23||Pick up of artwork 11 to 2|
|February 25||Shipped artwork will be returned|
- This competition is open to all GWS Signature members who are current with their dues. Entries should NOT have been selected for previous GWS shows.
- All paintings must be original work using watermedia. Watercolor, acrylic, casein, gouache, and egg tempera are all allowed. Pastels and Oil, including water-soluble oil, are not allowed. Mixed media and collage are acceptable but only if all elements are made using watermedia created by the artist.
- No preprinted or computer generated images are allowed.
- Work must be on paper, Yupo, watercolor canvas or Claybord.
- Not Permitted: Work done in a workshop or under classroom supervision or work that attempts to render another artist’s painting is not permitted.
- All work must have been completed in the last two years
- Work previously exhibited in any GWS show is not eligible.
- If your painting is accepted you will be required to sign a disclaimer form affirming that your work is not a copy or likeness of another’s work and that it is your original work from conception to completion without supervision.
- Click here for further clarification
- All paintings are to be framed in wood or metal; acceptable colors include gold, silver, black, brown or natural wood tones. Cradled Clayboard is not required to be framed; all other paintings require framing, including canvas.
- Frames are to be plain and unadorned and should not exceed 3” in width. They must be ready for hanging with wire in place.
- Plexiglass must be used – NO GLASS.
- Work may be varnished or waxed before framing (These paintings do not require plexiglass).
- Maximum frame size may not exceed 48” in either direction.
- No painting shall be smaller than 8” x 10”
- Mats and liners, if any, must be white or variations of white (e.g. cream or off-white).
- Improperly framed pieces or those unsuitable for hanging will be returned.
Packaging & Delivery/Shipping
- Timing: Ship artwork so as to arrive between January 3 and 7, 2019
SHIP VIA UPS OR FEDEX ONLY TO:OCAF 34 School Street Watkinsville, GA 30677
- Airﬂoat boxes are strongly recommended. Call 800-445-2580 and ask for GWS member discount. Proper packaging is imperative to protect your work. Improper packaging may result in damaged, returned or unopened shipments.
- Attach a photo of the painting inside the box so that it is visible when repacking. This will help ensure that the correct painting is returned to you.
- Wood or metal crates will not be accepted.
- Packages sent with popcorn packaging will be returned..
A prepaid return shipping label must be enclosed.
Hand-delivered paintings must arrive at OCAF ( Oconee Cultural Arts Foundation) January 5, from 10 to 2.
Pick-up is February 23, from 11 to 2. NO early pick up before show is concluded.
Award winners will be determined after selected paintings have been reviewed by the juror. There will be cash awards.
Fees, Sales & Liability
- Entry fee: $25 for signature members.
- Georgia Watercolor Society will charge 35% commission on all sales. 25% will go to the OCAF and 10% will be retained by GWS. Paintings not for sale must be marked NFS on the entry form.
- There will be no price changes after acceptance.
- Although the utmost care is taken in handling paintings neither the Georgia Watercolor Society, GWS Representatives, nor the Oconee Cultural Arts Foundation will be responsible for damage or loss, whatever the cause. Artists are encouraged to carry their own insurance.
Work accepted for the exhibition must be received by the final delivery date of January 7, 2019. No work may be withdrawn before the close of the exhibition. Once the artist’s painting has been accepted, the artist may not substitute another work, may not modify the painting in any way, nor change the sale price. If the work has been changed from the JPEG entry image, it will be excluded from the show. In the event of such an exclusion or if the accepted piece is not delivered, the artist will be ineligible to enter any GWS show for one year.
- Title of the painting
- Size of frame and size of painting in inches (height x width, i.e., 22” x 30”)
- Selling price or NFS (Not for Sale)
You will need a digital .jpg image of each painting saved on your computer per these instructions:
- Image resolution 300 DPI
- Image is 1800 pixels on the longer side
- File size less than 2.0 Mb
- Filename includes the title of the painting Example: PragueAtDusk.jpg
Payment online can be made via PayPal or credit card.
If you have trouble with the online payment, please send a check to:
OR send your paypal payment directly to email@example.com and indicate that it is for the Signature Show Entry.